- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
FAO Fish Price Index - January 2015 update
2015-01-27 11:03:26 copyfrom：GLOBEFISH hits:
This update includes October 2014 data
The fish price index (FPI) relies on trade statistics. Seafood is heavily traded internationally, thereby exposing non-traded seafood to price competition from imports and exports. Easily updated trade data can thus proxy for domestic seafood prices that are difficult to observe in many regions and costly to update with global coverage. Calculations of the extent of price competition in different countries support the plausibility of reliance on trade data.Overall, the FPI shows less volatility and fewer price spikes than other food price indices including oils, cereals, and dairy. The FPI generally reflects seafood scarcity, but it can also be separated into indices by production technology, fish species, or region. Splitting FPI into capture fisheries and aquaculture suggests increased scarcity of capture fishery resources in recent years, but also growth in aquaculture that is keeping pace with demand. Regionally, seafood price volatility varies, and some prices are negatively correlated. These patterns hint that regional supply shocks are consequential for seafood prices in spite of the high degree of seafood tradability.
hot search ：
- 2Imports and exports of aquatic...
- 2Export &Import Data of South Korea with China
- 2Data Analysis on China Seashell Export (2005-2006)
- 1Aquatic Products Exports in Ch...
- 1China Imports and Exports of Aquatic Products in 2008
- 1China Imports and Exports of ...
- 1Directory of Tilapia Fry and ...
- 1FAO Fish Price Index - January 2015 update
- 1Foreign Trade Data 1981-2005
- 1Exports Data 2005