- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
First air export from Biobio leaves with hake cargo
2016-11-22 11:54:09 copyfrom： hits:
Biobio: first air export included fishing resources. (Photo: Sernapesca)
Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 02:50 (GMT + 9)
The fishing sector is the first to perform a shipment for export by air from Carriel Sur Airport, located in Talcahuano, Biobío Region.
This represents a milestone for the area, since so far that air terminal has been used mainly for passenger transport.
The Mayor of the Biobío Region, Rodrigo Diaz, highlighted the effort made to carry this out, which is directly related to the Regional Development Strategy 2015-2030.
For his part, Economy and Finance Secretary Ivan Valenzuela highlighted the work that has been done with the 13 Productivity Measures as well as the coordination between the public and private worlds to perform this initiative that shortens the export times and tax refund to the exporter.
Meanwhile, the regional director of the National Fisheries and Aquaculture Service (SERNAPESCA), Rodrigo Valencia, explained that this unit is responsible for giving permissions to export fishery products, and to issue two key documents so that they can enter into other markets, in this case Spain.
The first document is one that proves that the product comes from a legal fishing activity, that is to say, carried out in compliance with the current fishing regulations. The second document is the sanitary one, "in which SERNAPESCA offers credits to the destination country that the shipment meets the requirements established by the nation that receives the cargo," he said.
This first shipment consisted of 302 boxes of southern hake (Merluccius australis) -- 5,000 kilos-- from the company Friosur, from Puerto Chacabuco, whose destination is Madrid, Spain.
"This does not mean that the flight goes directly from Concepcion to Madrid because it will stop in Santiago, but all the processing of the sanitary documentation necessary to export to the European market was made here in Biobío," Valencia said.
hot search ：
- 198Multiexport reverses losses tha...
- 179Ocean Gala Marine Resources an...
- 124Salmon exports so far exceed those in all 201
- 81First air export from Biobio leaves with hake cargo
- 74Crayfish and abalone fishery c...
- 10Tilapia export growth projected for 2016
- 8Eroski guarantees its canned tuna sustainable origin
- 6Orkla Foods Sweden now carryin...
- 5US Helps Drive Thai Union Record Sales
- 4Nutrition labels may boost raw seafood purchase