- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
2014-01-21 11:09:21 copyfrom：thefishsite hits:
AUSTRALIA - Huon Aquaculture is to start a A$10 million expansion of its salmon processing plant at Parramatta Creek in Northern Tasmania to make value added seafood products.
Director of Huon Aquaculture Frances Bender told ABCRural the extension is a result of the relocation of its processing plant in South Australia.
Once construction is complete the development will create more than 100 ongoing jobs.
Frances Bender says the investment will mean the company can develop more consumer friendly, innovative value added products, according to ABCRural.
"In some ways our industry is still in its infancy in the product range that we supply to the Australian consumer. If you visited any supermarket chain overseas, particularly in Europe you would see some amazing products that are pre-prepared but still fresh. There's still a lot of capacity within our industry to value add those types of products", she said.
The expansion at Parramatta Creek comes on top of record growth in the industry.
TheFishSite News Desk
hot search ：
- 10Oceana records strong increase in profits
- 9Sanford increases profits 152 ...
- 9Cooke completes payment for Fripur acquisition
- 9Nova Scotia seafood plant destroyed by fire
- 9ARCSA warns about Colombian high mercury tuna
- 9Financial restrictions hit seafood exporters
- 9Fishermen put off strike after contract with association
- 9Fripur’s ex-employees request ...
- 9Bakkafrost achieves 'satisfactor...
- 9Grimsby processor changes ownership