- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
California could see 2017 commercial salmon fishery closure
2017-04-19 15:19:02 copyfrom： hits:
The Pacific Fishery Management Council will soon decide on its salmon management strategy for 2017, and a number of groups are already preparing for the worst.
Each year, the PFMC develops estimates of salmon return numbers along the Pacific coast, utilizing that information to set quotas for harvest – commercial, tribal and recreational.
For the past few days, the PFMC, along with advisory agencies and entities, has been in Sacramento, California, discussing the adoption of final regulatory measures for this season’s salmon harvest. The council will pick from three alternatives that vary in a number of ways but notably each has one thing in common – a complete closure of the commercial fishery in the Klamath Management Zone.
Source: The Siskiyou Daily News
hot search ：
- 287Friosur plant fire forces evac...
- 265Scientists create a sustainabil...
- 258BioMar’s joint venture acquires fish feed company
- 256EU-Norway fisheries agreement benefits Spanish cod fleet
- 250CICESE and Chilean research in...
- 242EU proposes action to boost i...
- 240Blumar and Ventisqueros sign p...
- 167Vella welcomes strategic ocean energy roadmap
- 145Cargill ensures omega-3-rich ca...
- 133Canada and EU sign historic trade agreement