- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
Blumar and Ventisqueros sign partnership deal related to US business
2016-11-30 10:17:26 copyfrom： hits:
The partnership pact complements the purchase agreement reached by Ventisqueros and Salmones Blumar at the end of September. (Photo: Blumar/FIS)
Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 01:10 (GMT + 9)
Blumar Seafoods signed a partnership agreement with Productos del Mar Ventisqueros SA, which "basically regulates Blumar US administration and how the partners can transfer their respective rights in that company."
This agreement, informed through an essential fact presented to the Superintendency of Securities and Insurance (SVS), complements the purchase agreement between Salmones Blumar SA (Subsidiary of Blumar SA) and Productos del Mar Ventisqueros SA, informed on September 29.
Under that contract, Ventisqueros acquired 50 per cent of the property of the United States-based salmon trading company Blumar USA, LLC, which at that date was wholly owned by Salmones Blumar.
Blumar stressed that this strategic alliance, designed for the commercialization of Chilean salmon in the US market as well as that of Canada, "aims to achieve sufficient sales volumes to supply salmon with the large retail and feed service chains, which can be accessed only with relevant volumes of salmon in a continuous and safe manner."
According to Blumar S.A. general manager Gerardo Balbontin, "it is estimated that the transaction will not have any significant effects on the short term result of the subsidiary Salmones Blumar and, therefore, on the parent company Blumar SA."
In a first stage, the two companies expect to achieve annual sales exceeding USD 150 million.
hot search ：
- 287Friosur plant fire forces evac...
- 265Scientists create a sustainabil...
- 258BioMar’s joint venture acquires fish feed company
- 256EU-Norway fisheries agreement benefits Spanish cod fleet
- 250CICESE and Chilean research in...
- 242EU proposes action to boost i...
- 240Blumar and Ventisqueros sign p...
- 167Vella welcomes strategic ocean energy roadmap
- 145Cargill ensures omega-3-rich ca...
- 133Canada and EU sign historic trade agreement