- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
Vella welcomes strategic ocean energy roadmap
2016-11-14 15:43:28 copyfrom： hits:
The Ocean Energy Forum handed over to Commissioner Vella the results from its strategic roadmap; Building Ocean Energy for Europe
Commissioner Vella has welcomed the Ocean Energy Forum results from 18 months’ worth of work on the future of ocean energy in Europe.
Its strategic roadmap: Building Ocean Energy for Europe, headlines the recommendation that a €250m investment package and a €70m insurance fund is needed to attract investors and offset risk.
Commissioner Vella said: "Ocean energy is not just good news for our climate. It's also great news for job creation. We are speaking about a potential global market of up to €53bn a year. Thanks to today's roadmap, we have a convincing path for investors to follow.”
The report sets out a viable strategy which would see 10% of Europe's electricity delivered by wave and tidal energy by the year 2050.
Ocean energy contribute to the EU's objective of reaching at least 27% of renewable energy by 2030 and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 80-95% by 2050.
The roadmap identifies priority areas for for technological progress, concentrating on improving the technology's performance and reducing the costs related to installation and logistics services.
It predicted that based on current developments and pans, the sector is expected to move to the pre-industrial phase by the mid-2020s.
The Commission is now expected to closely study the roadmap's recommendations, and will promote the roadmap in its talks with Member States, financial institutions, and the research and business community.- See more at: http://www.worldfishing.net/news101/industry-news/vella-welcomes-strategic-ocean-energy-roadmap#sthash.669QqGQm.dpuf
hot search ：
- 287Friosur plant fire forces evac...
- 265Scientists create a sustainabil...
- 258BioMar’s joint venture acquires fish feed company
- 256EU-Norway fisheries agreement benefits Spanish cod fleet
- 250CICESE and Chilean research in...
- 242EU proposes action to boost i...
- 240Blumar and Ventisqueros sign p...
- 167Vella welcomes strategic ocean energy roadmap
- 145Cargill ensures omega-3-rich ca...
- 133Canada and EU sign historic trade agreement