- Strong Surge of Interest for 2014 Skipper Expo
- University of Michigan Commits to Sustainable Seafood
- Ghana Imports 50 per cent of Fish Needs
- Oman and Viet Nam Discuss Fish Farming Cooperation
- Indian, Sri Lankan FMs to discuss fishermen issue
- EU Project to Promote Organic Aquaculture
- More Chances for Vietnamese Seafood in China
- Salmon Processing Plant gets A$10 million Expansion
- China on the St. Mary's
- Best Aquaculture Practices Experienced Growth In 2013
China on the St. Mary's
2014-01-22 11:15:53 copyfrom：sootoday.com hits:
(Photo courtesy of SOUC/Zengfu Song)
LAKE SUPERIOR STATE UNIVERSITY
SAULT STE. MARIE, MI - A delegation from the Shanghai Ocean University of China tours Lake Superior State University's aquaculture project on December 22, 2013 in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
SOUC professors Zengfu Song (left) and Liqun Lu (left of tank) spent two days touring LSSU's biology, fish health, environmental analysis, and aquatic research laboratories with an eye towards developing cooperative research and learning initiatives.
They were also comparing notes with LSSU on fish health, a program SOUC launched this past year.
SOUC specializes in applied fisheries and oceanographic studies, and has 10,000 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Professor Guidi Yang of LSSU's international studies office invited the delegation to visit when she visited SOUC last fall.
LSSU biology professor Jun Li presented a fish health guest lecture at SOUC in 2010.
Business, engineering, and biology students run LSSU's prototype aquaculture project.
Their group, Superior AquaSystems LLC, is a semifinalist in the Michigan Collegiate Innovation Prize business plan competition coming up Feb. 13-14 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
hot search ：
- 336BAP biosecurity area management...
- 287Friosur plant fire forces evac...
- 265Scientists create a sustainabil...
- 258BioMar’s joint venture acquires fish feed company
- 256EU-Norway fisheries agreement benefits Spanish cod fleet
- 250CICESE and Chilean research in...
- 242EU proposes action to boost i...
- 240Blumar and Ventisqueros sign p...
- 167Vella welcomes strategic ocean energy roadmap
- 145Cargill ensures omega-3-rich ca...